Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #261
    Inactive Member Manu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well just see the way he ended up feeling..


    [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

  2. #262
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Manu for your vey kind words. It's cool though, I'm taking yours and everyones advice onboard. I was a little upset, but only because I was hearing things that were true for the most part, and you're right in saying it wasn't really intended as a proper solo. But that's ok, it means I have to step up my game to the next level. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  3. #263
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No one was harsh with Rudy, Manu.

    People just want to hear more from
    him. There's nothing but good in
    that and everybody has what they
    like to hear in mind. There's noth-
    ing but good in that.

    Rudy is a sensitive drummer and he
    is being accomodated. It's not the
    other way around, Manu.

    Read the post and you'll see.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  4. #264
    Inactive Member Nikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2001
    Posts
    307
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rudy, I thought you sounded good, man. It's great for what it was, which was cool licks right? It's not as if you set out to explore some musical vehicle on these mp3s. So be proud.

  5. #265
    Inactive Member Lorenzini's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is tune that I recorded about 3 years ago. I have a shit load more stuff but am unable to post from work. Check out the solo section starting with the 12/8 latin intro. My playing has improved light years from 3 years ago, but I thought I would throw this up! Enjoy. .

    http://www.tobysemainband.com/mp3/To...Revelation.mp3

  6. #266
    Inactive Member PhilCarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anybody that takes an interest in a higher level of playing or takes their musical abilities/career seriously (ie most HOD users) should remember that music will always speak louder than words. I also am my own worst critic as regards to my own standards and level of playing, and as much as i would like to be able to express myself musically on a set of drums like Vinnie etc does, i know my place.

    Sometimes you can smell the neurosis in some of these threads, and its way to cold when the whole point of playing drums, or any instrument is to share communication, expression, creativity and love, which really IMHO is all music is. You all have a gift, use it wisely, or you will drive yrself nuts. There is an incredible ammount of talent here, and the whole point of this particular thread is to share the ideas and persona of our own drumming psyche.... we are all the same, just different. Peace in the HOD house!!!!!!!!

    Excuse the ramblings, thats librans for you.

  7. #267
    Inactive Member royerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2002
    Posts
    492
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good posts from everyone. Nikk made a good point - thinking within the context, i.e. a nice display of some chops, I think what you played was good Rudy.

    Lorenzini, nice playing, cool tune too!

    Happy Birthday Derek and Dazzler btw...

    [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/pizza.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

  8. #268
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cheers Roy! Had a wicked birthday and drank cocktails for Britain!! ....Has anyone got any Ibuprofen?
    [img]confused.gif[/img]

  9. #269
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Lorenzini, I really enjoyed your playing on that track. Great feels, lovely dynamics and tasteful playing. Was it to click by the way? Your drums and cymbals sound really nice too. If that was recorded three years ago, I'd like to hear you now!

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

  10. #270
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lorenzini,

    Ya, maan!!

    Get me out of this hole. I be diggin'
    it so much. U-D-Maan!

    And Rudy...

    You can see that you left us hungry
    for more.

    Derek and Dazz,

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 18, 2004 09:40 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •